Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almost Proud

I was so proud of last night's dinner. Even when I was vegetarian I always made a pasta dish or a faux meat dish for dinner.
Last night I decided to make "Chickpea and Spinach Stew" for 2 reasons.
  1. My husband and I have a cold and needed something comforting and healthy
  2. I had frozen spinach I needed to use and canned garbanzo beans in the cupboard.
I'm REALLY sorry for all the boring simplistic recipes I've been making but I want to cook with stuff I already have.  My freezer looked like it was about to bust. So embarrassing......


Needed to use this in order to leave more space. Coincidentally I still have no space in the freezer.

I gathered all my ingredients. Big can of garbanzo beans, pepper flakes, paprika, garlic, parsley, onion, olive oil, black pepper and chopped tomato's.

Cooked the onion, garlic, parsley and spices with some olive oil.
I added the garbanzo beans and tomato's and let them simmer. Latter added the frozen spinach straight into the pot. Because it's baby spinach I didnt bother to cook it first.

Made some brown rice in my rice cooker and also mashed some garlic in order to make the aioli, which is a fancy way of saying garlic with mayo.
At my household we call it toum, the Lebanese way of saying garlic with mayo.


And badda bing badda boom: Dinner! OH MAN! This was actually really REALLY good! I couldn't believe it! So this is what I was missing all those years I was vegetarian. My husband loved it as well. Keeper recipe!
Because of the spices I couldn't serve it to my daughter so she had brown rice with egg and green beans. Nothing fancy but it did the trick.

 I was so pleased with myself. . .that is until my good friends brought us Tito's Taco's! I just couldn't refuse their food, that would be rude. Not really. I just really wanted that taco. Eh, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment