Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Starting out Small

So I unofficially started on Saturday by cooking some asparagus the husband brought home. I almost never make asparagus (too expensive!) but when I do I steam them. I like to steam everything.
The recipe I used is simply called "Skillet Asparagus."  The book called for asparagus boiled in a pan with all the tips pointing one way.
I was to cook them until firm but not limp then drizzle with olive oil and add chopped herbs. I only had parsley as an herb so thats what I added. I finished it with salt and fresh black pepper and Wala!


They were waaay better then steamed asparagus. So we obviously had these as a side dish...well, they were meant as a side dish but turned into appetizers since we all just dug in before eating the main dish.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment